Inquisitive Minds Workshops provide a time and cost effective way for schools to provide quality, fun maths activities for their students.
All Workshops are designed and coordinated by Debbie Smith, a qualified and experienced Secondary Mathematics teacher and presented in partnership with MANSW (The Mathematical Association of NSW).
Talented PPPP Workshops - Year 8 - 10
Expose a group of your capable students to four hours of problem solving alongside like-minded peers!
These workshops focus not only on teaching students advanced problem solving strategies, but also on having them consider the best way of solving a problem.
- Workshops include an interactive problem solving lesson and a hands-on problem solving competition.
- Our Lessons incorporate a variety of problem solving strategies, including 'logical reasoning', 'make a pattern', 'draw a diagram' and 'make a list'.
- Year 8/9 and Year 10 Talented Workshops available.
- Each Workshop runs from 9:30 am until 2:30 pm.
- Students from participating schools must be accompanied by a Maths teacher.
- Schools generally register a group of 2 to 20 students.
Upcoming Talented Mathematicians Workshops
|St Scholastica's College||Wednesday 18th March, 2020||Year 10|
|William Carey Christian School||Monday 30th March, 2020||Year 10|
|Strathfield Girls' High School||Monday 18th May, 2020||Year 10|
|Lucas Heights Community School||Wed 20th May, 2020||Year 8 & 9|
|Wenona School||Tuesday 9th June, 2020||Year 10|
|Cerdon College||Friday 12th June, 2020||Year 9|
|Barker College||Wednesday 17th June, 2020||Year 10|
|Hunter School of the Performing Arts||Friday 26th June, 2020||Year 8|
|St Joseph's Regional College (Port Macquarie)||Wednesday 22nd July, 2020||Year 10|
|Orange High School||Tuesday 1st September, 2020||Year 10|
|Bossley Park High School||Friday 27th November, 2020||Year 8 & 9|