Inquisitive Minds Workshops provide a time and cost effective way for schools to provide quality, fun maths activities for their students. All Workshops are designed and coordinated by Debbie Smith, a qualified and experienced Secondary Mathematics teacher and presented in partnership with MANSW (The Mathematical Association of NSW).
Problems, Patterns, Pictures, Puzzles (PPPP) Workshops Year 7 - 10
Students will be immersed in mathematical and logical thinking as they learn and utilise foundational and advanced problem solving strategies.
Participate in an interactive lesson on problem solving strategies.
Work together on our diverse range of original hands-on problems.
Consolidate learning with a take-home collection of Australian Mathematics Competition questions.
- Catering for Year 7 - 10 students of all abilities.
- When we come into your school, we are able to run a whole day workshop, two half day workshops or three part day (approximately 100 minute) workshops.
- All PPPP Workshops include an interactive problem solving lesson and a hands-on problem solving competition.
- The content of our lessons will be tailored to your students' needs. Lessons typically include a variety of problem solving strategies, including 'logical reasoning', 'make a pattern', 'draw a diagram' and 'make a list'. How far we take students with each of these strategies depends on the timing of the session and the ability of the students that we are working with.
- Our hands-on competition includes 54 questions, ranging from easy to difficult, so that students of all abilities are able to access challenging and stimulating questions.
- Our Minds in Motion Workshop is available to students participating in a full day PPPP Workshop. This Workshop includes Mathematical Games and Puzzles, as well as some creative building opportunities.
Expression of Interest - Request an In-School Workshop
Fill in the form below to request a day of MANSW - Inquisitive Minds PPPP Workshops in your school.
When you book us for the day, we are able to run a whole day workshop, two half day workshops, or three 100 minute workshops. Each workshop typically caters for around 60 students. Larger Workshops are available by request.
When we receive your form we will contact you to finalise dates and discuss other organisational details with you.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.