Inquisitive Minds Workshops provide a time and cost effective way for schools to provide quality, fun maths activities for their students. All Workshops are designed and coordinated by Debbie Smith, a qualified and experienced Secondary Mathematics teacher.
Problems, Patterns, Pictures, Puzzles (PPPP) Workshops Year 7 - 10
Students will be immersed in mathematical and logical thinking as they learn and utilise foundational and advanced problem solving strategies.
Participate in an interactive lesson on problem solving strategies.
Work together on our diverse range of original hands-on problems.
- Catering for Year 7 - 10 students of all abilities.
- When we come into your school, we are able to run a full day of workshops. How you use that time is up to you! Most schools request us to run PPPP for two or three groups of around 60 students in the day.
- PPPP Workshops include an interactive problem solving lesson and a hands-on problem solving competition.
- The content of our lessons will be tailored to your students' needs. Lessons typically include a variety of problem solving strategies, including 'logical reasoning', 'make a pattern', 'draw a diagram' and 'make a list'. How far we take students with each of these strategies depends on the timing of the session and the ability of the students that we are working with.
- Our hands-on competition includes 54 questions, ranging from easy to difficult, so that students of all abilities are able to access challenging and stimulating questions.
- An Engineering and Building Session is available for students participating in a full day PPPP Workshop.
Expression of Interest - Request an In-School Workshop
Fill in the form below to request a day of Inquisitive Minds PPPP Workshops in your school.
When we receive your form we will contact you to finalise dates and discuss other organisational details with you.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.