Coloured Sudoku: 3 x 3 is a collection of easy coloured sudoku puzzles.
The twenty puzzles in this collection each use 3 colours which are placed in 3 by 3 grids.
The challenges are easy and have been designed as a great first exposure to logical reasoning.
Once students have worked through these puzzles, they will be ready to try the more difficult challenges in our 4 x 4, 5 x 5, or 6 x 6 Sudoku Challenges.
1 printable document with 29 pages in PDF format:
- Overview - 3 pages
- Coloured Sudoku: 3 x 3 Challenges – 20 pages (one for each challenge)
- Coloured Sudoku: 3 x 3 Answers – 5 pages
- Coloured Sudoku: 3 x 3 Stamp Sheet - 1 page
It is recommended that the PDF is printed on A5 sized paper.
Additional Equipment required to play the game:
- 3 cubes or counters in each of the colours: red, green, blue
The Problem Solver’s Toolkit contains all the equipment required to used to complete the challenges – and more!
The activities in the Coloured Sudoku Series are appropriate for students across a range of year groups in Primary and Secondary schools.
The 3 x 3 challenges are the easiest collection in this series. We believe they would be most suited for students in Stages 1 or 2.
- NSW Syllabus: The challenges are aligned with the Problem Solving and Reasoning outcomes in the Stage 1 to 4 Working Mathematically outcomes.
- Australian Syllabus: The challenges do not align with any specific content in the Australian Syllabus, but develop problem solving and reasoning skills, which lay a solid foundation for students’ numeracy skills.
An instructional video showing students some ways of tackling sudoku challenges can be seen here: YouTube
Coloured Sudoku: 3 x 3 is a digital download and cannot be refunded.
All Downloadables are protected by copyright. A download gives the purchaser the right to make copies of materials for private or class use only.
Downloadables may not be used for resale. Distribution of Downloadables by a third-party provider is strictly prohibited.