Coloured Sudoku: 6 x 6 is a collection of easy coloured sudoku puzzles.
The twenty puzzles in this collection each use 6 colours which are placed in 6 by 6 grids.
The challenges are difficult and become more complex as students progress through them.
The puzzles have been designed to challenge students and to build their confidence as they develop their ability to think logically.
1 printable document with 29 pages in PDF format:
- Overview - 3 pages
- Coloured Sudoku: 6 x 6 Challenges – 20 pages (one for each challenge)
- Coloured Sudoku: 6 x 6 Answers – 5 pages
- Coloured Sudoku: 6 x 6 Stamp Sheet - 1 page
It is recommended that the PDF is printed on A5 sized paper.
Additional Equipment required to play the game:
- 6 cubes or counters in each of the colours: red, green, blue, yellow, purple, orange.
The Problem Solver’s Toolkit contains all the equipment required to used to complete the challenges – and more!
The activities in the Coloured Sudoku Series are appropriate for students across a range of year groups in Primary and Secondary schools.
The 6 x 6 challenges are the hardest puzzles in this series. We believe they would be most suited for students in Stages 3 or 4.
- NSW Syllabus: The challenges are aligned with the Problem Solving and Reasoning outcomes in the Stage 1 to 4 Working Mathematically outcomes.
- Australian Syllabus: The challenges do not align with any specific content in the Australian Syllabus, but develop problem solving and reasoning skills, which lay a solid foundation for students’ numeracy skills.
An instructional video showing students some ways of tackling sudoku challenges can be seen here: YouTube
Coloured Sudoku: 6 x 6 is a digital download and cannot be refunded.
All Downloadables are protected by copyright. A download gives the purchaser the right to make copies of materials for private or class use only.
Downloadables may not be used for resale. Distribution of Downloadables by a third-party provider is strictly prohibited.