Add to Twenty (Support) has been designed to use alongside Add to Twenty: (Grid Games) so that students of all abilities find the games accessible.
The inclusion of two different methods allows students to move from a more concrete approach when they begin playing the games, to a more abstract approach as their addition and subtraction skills develop.
1 printable document with 7 pages in PDF format:
- Add to Twenty: Two Chocolate Bars – Graphic (1 page)
- Add to Twenty: Two Chocolate Bars - Literacy and Instructions on using the graphic (3 pages)
- Add to Twenty: Two Number Lines - Graphic (1 page)
- Add to Twenty: Two Number Lines - Instructions on using the graphic (2 pages)
Additional Equipment required to use the graphic:
- Add to Twenty: Two Chocolate Bars - 10 tiles of one colour and 10 tiles of a second colour
- Add to Twenty: Two Number Lines - Erasable sleeve and white board marker
The Problem Solver’s Toolkit and Erasable Pack contain all equipment required to use the support material.
- Australian Syllabus Reference: ACMNA015, ACMNA030, ACMNA055 (Year 1–3)
- NSW Syllabus Reference: MA1-5NA (Stage 1)
*Games may be used to reinforce and build on skills in older years.
Operation Grid Games YouTube and Free Overview:
Add to Twenty (Support) is part of the Operation Grid Games – Addition and Subtraction collection.
A quick reference for teachers, including a contents page, recommendations for how to best use the activities in this series and a summary of learning intentions and syllabus outcomes may be downloaded here:
A video giving an overview of the range of activities available in Operation Grid Games may be viewed here:
Disclaimer: Add to Twenty (Support) is a digital download and cannot be refunded.
Copyright: All Downloadables are protected by copyright. A download gives the purchaser the right to make copies of materials for private or class use only.
Downloadables may not be used for resale. Distribution of Downloadables by a third-party provider is strictly prohibited.