Compare (Grid Games) includes two board games from the Operation Grid Games: Whole Number series.
The two included games are Compare: Fill a Game Board and Compare: Line of Four. They give students a fun way to practise comparing two numbers from 1 to 10 to find out which is larger.
1 printable document with 4 pages in PDF format:
- Compare: Fill a Game Board - Game Board
- Compare: Fill a Game Board - Instructions
- Compare: Line of Four - Game Board
- Compare: Line of Four - Instructions
Number of Players:
- Compare: Fill a Game Board: 2 – 4 players
- Compare: Line of Four: 2 players
Additional Equipment required to play the games:
- 2 ten-sided dice
- 35 coloured counters for each player
The Problem Solver’s Toolkit contains all equipment required to play the games – and more!
Support Material Available:
Compare (Support) may be purchased to use alongside these games to give students a hands-on way of comparing two numbers.
- Australian Syllabus Reference: ACMNA289 (Foundation)
- NSW Syllabus Reference: MAe-4NA (Early Stage 1)
Operation Grid Games YouTube and Free Overview:
Compare (Grid Games) is part of the Operation Grid Games – Whole Number collection.
A quick reference for teachers, including a contents page, recommendations for how to best use the activities in this series and a summary of learning intentions and syllabus outcomes may be downloaded here:
A video giving an overview of the range of activities available in Operation Grid Games may be viewed here:
Disclaimer: Compare (Grid Games) is a digital download and cannot be refunded.
Copyright: All Downloadables are protected by copyright. A download gives the purchaser the right to make copies of materials for private or class use only.
Downloadables may not be used for resale. Distribution of Downloadables by a third-party provider is strictly prohibited.