One Less (Grid Games) includes two board games from the Operation Grid Games: Whole Number series.
The two included games are One Less: Fill a Game Board and One Less: Line of Four. They give students a fun way to practise identifying the number which is one less than a given number from 1 to 10.
1 printable document with 4 pages in PDF format:
- One Less: Fill a Game Board – Game Board
- One Less: Fill a Game Board – Instructions
- One Less: Line of Four – Game Board
- One Less: Line of Four – Instructions
Number of Players:
- One Less: Fill a Game Board: 2 – 4 players
- One Less: Line of Four: 2 players
Additional Equipment required to play the games:
- 1 ten-sided die
- 35 coloured counters for each player
The Problem Solver’s Toolkit contains all equipment required to play the games – and more!
Support Material Available:
One Less (Support) may be purchased to use alongside these games to give students a hands-on way of finding one less than a given number.
- Australian Syllabus Reference: ACMNA001 (Foundation)
- NSW Syllabus Reference: MAe-4NA (Early Stage 1)
Operation Grid Games YouTube and Free Overview:
One Less (Grid Games) is part of the Operation Grid Games – Whole Number collection.
A quick reference for teachers, including a contents page, recommendations for how to best use the activities in this series and a summary of learning intentions and syllabus outcomes may be downloaded here:
A video giving an overview of the range of activities available in Operation Grid Games may be viewed here:
Disclaimer: One Less (Grid Games) is a digital download and cannot be refunded.
Copyright: All Downloadables are protected by copyright. A download gives the purchaser the right to make copies of materials for private or class use only.
Downloadables may not be used for resale. Distribution of Downloadables by a third-party provider is strictly prohibited.