Plus (Support) provides two ways of finding the sum of two numbers (1 – 10) using concrete materials.
The graphics have been designed to use alongside Plus (Grid Games) so that students of all abilities find the games accessible.
The inclusion of two different methods allows students to move from a more concrete approach when they begin adding numbers, to a more abstract approach as their understanding develops.
1 printable document with 6 pages in PDF format:
- Plus: Two Chocolate Bars – Graphic (1 page)
- Plus: Two Chocolate Bars – Literacy and Instructions on using the graphic (3 pages)
- Plus: Number Line – Graphic (1 page)
- Plus: Number Line – Instructions on using the graphic (1 page)
Additional Equipment required to use the graphic:
- For Plus: Two Chocolate Bars – 10 tiles/counters of one colour and 10 of a second colour
- For Plus: Number Line – Erasable sleeve and white board marker
The Problem Solver’s Toolkit and Erasable Pack contain all equipment required to use the support material.
- Australian Syllabus Reference: ACMNA015, ACMNA030, ACMNA055 (Year 1–3)
- NSW Syllabus Reference: MA1-5NA (Stage 1)
*Games may be used to reinforce and build on skills in older years.
Operation Grid Games YouTube and Free Overview:
Plus (Support) is part of the Operation Grid Games – Addition and Subtraction collection.
A quick reference for teachers, including a contents page, recommendations for how to best use the activities in this series and a summary of learning intentions and syllabus outcomes may be downloaded here:
A video giving an overview of the range of activities available in Operation Grid Games may be viewed here:
Disclaimer: Plus (Support) is a digital download and cannot be refunded.
Copyright: All Downloadables are protected by copyright. A download gives the purchaser the right to make copies of materials for private or class use only.
Downloadables may not be used for resale. Distribution of Downloadables by a third-party provider is strictly prohibited.