Polyominoes: Times is a collection of games which give students a strong mathematical foundation by helping them to understand the concepts of skip counting and multiplication and to learn their 2 to 10 times tables.
There are two Game Board options to practise each of the times tables from 2 to 10.
- The Skip Counting Game Boards are ideal for students who are just starting to work with a particular times table. They allow students to find their answers by skip counting across the board.
- The Advanced Game Boards are a fantastic way for students to practise their times tables once they have begun memorising them.
Also included in the collection are instructions for four different games that can be played with each of the boards; Times: Dominoes, Times: Triominoes, Times: Tetrominoes and Times: Pentominoes.
This means that with one purchase, you will have access to 72 variations of times tables games!
1 printable document with 30 pages in PDF format:
- Times by ….. – Skip Counting Game Boards (9 pages – one for each times table from 2 – 10)
- Times by ….. – Advanced Game Boards (9 pages – one for each times table from 2 – 10)
- Polyominoes – Scoresheets (3 pages)
- Times: Dominoes – Instructions (1 page)
- Times: Triominoes – Instructions (1 page)
- Times: Tetrominoes – Instructions (1 page)
- Times: Pentominoes – Instructions (3 pages – Enrichment Game)
- Polyominoes: Times – Syllabus Outcomes and Overview (3 pages)
Number of Players: 2 or 3 players
Additional Equipment required to play the game:
- 1 ten-sided die
- Whiteboard marker for each player
- 2 or 3 erasable sleeves
The Problem Solver’s Toolkit and Erasable Pack contain all the equipment required to play the games – and more!
Support Material Available:
Multiplication and Division: Support Material may be used alongside Advanced Game Boards if students do not know their times tables well enough to play the games unassisted.
For the Core Games - Times: Dominoes, Times: Triominoes, Times: Tetrominoes,
- NSW Syllabus: MA1-6NA (Stage 1), MA2-6NA (Stage 2)
- Australian Syllabus: ACMNA031 (Year 2), ACMNA056 (Year 3), ACMNA075 (Year 4)
For the Enrichment Game - Times: Pentominoes
- NSW Syllabus: MA2-6NA (Stage 2), MA3-15MG (Stage 3)
- Australian Syllabus: ACMNA056 (Year 3), ACMNA075 (Year 4), ACMMG114 (Year 5), ACMMG142 (Year 6)
Although the target group of the core games is Year 3 and 4, games may be used to establish an understanding of multiplication in Years 1 and 2 or to revise and reinforce skills in older years.
A video demonstrating the Polyominoes: Times games in action can be seen here:
Disclaimer: Polyominoes: Times is a digital download and cannot be refunded.
Copyright: All Downloadables are protected by copyright. A download gives the purchaser the right to make copies of materials for private or class use only.
Downloadables may not be used for resale. Distribution of Downloadables by a third-party provider is strictly prohibited.